Friday, November 11, 2011

My Research Paper Topic

In my english composition class; My teacher wants us to do a research paper on a specific topic that relates to education. I dropbox her my topic at least three times because I was not sure of the topic that I should do my research on. But, I finally decide that I will relate education to video games because they can be used to teach children how to do math problems or how to spell words out. Having video games in schools that can help children learn better would kind of be like them having a virtual teacher that is very effective in showing the kids how to do the work, learn from it and have fun playing it at the same time. There are even websites like Nick Jr. that have games that the kids could play at home with mom and dad and learn how to read or count, there are plenty of opportunities that video games give children to learn but most people just feel like video games are all bad at least thats what I see most of them time. Video games do not only help children learn but also can be used for therapeutic purposes, and also as stress relievers. So, in reality video games have a lot affect on not only children's lives but also the lives of most adults in positive ways, as far as I can see they are very helpful. So what if most games are violent, they can be used as stress relievers from a hard stressful day of work or school, and even if someone was just having a bad day. Turn on your PS3, pop a game in and get ready to start feeling better in a matter of seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment